Matt 7:3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Recently, I have read some FB posts about the problems of the modern church. My friend Ben Jensen wrote an excellent rebuttal to one of them and I will refrain from re-iterating it here. Please take the time and read his statement in his blog Dear Church: People Will Always Leave You at http://lifeunstained.blogspot.com/ Read it. It is worth your time. It is easy to go about ranting on what is wrong with the church. We, who are the church, are fallen, imperfect, etc. So there is a lot of material available. Possibly a 1,000+ volume encyclopedia on me alone and I am just 1 of millions. I understand admonishments and exhortations are needed from time-to-time. And yes discipline needs to be exercised as well. But we need to be so careful that we do not overstep our authority and find ourselves in dir...
I am going to touch on a subject here that is extremely controversial. I would ask that if you read this, please read it carefully, regardless of your position. I am a Bible believing born-again Christian who believes that the Bible is the truth and that it clearly delineates sin. I am also a redeemed sinner. I believe that God is the judge and not me nor you. I believe that homosexuality is a sin. That does not mean that I hate homosexuals, I do not hate adulterers, porn addicts, thieves, liars, etc. All of which are sins too. I do not judge them. Again, that is God's job not mine. All that being said, I read today an article about the United Methodist Church "Coming Out" and it saddens me to see main stream protestant Christian churches allowing people, who are openly and proudly practicing homosexuality, to be leaders in their churches. The Bible, which these denominations state they believe, is clear on the matter and i...
Ever come face-to-face with your own history? Today I did. I had the blessing and humbling honor to meet the man who was responsible for my life and the lives of my family. Today I met Matthew Duffy, formally, Sgt. Matt Duffy. Sgt Duffy served in the U.S. Army during WWII. Why is he responsible for my family's lives? Come with me on this incredible tale and find out. My father, Gottfried Kligmann and his brother Samuel Kligmann were imprisoned in Dachau concentration camp after their half brother turned them in. They were scheduled to be executed when the US Army arrived an hour ahead of schedule. Sgt Duffy was one of the soldiers who arrived at that time. Here is a snippet of his story which he related to me today. His battalion, the 2nd Ranger battalion, was attached to the 101st,, airborn battalion but he was with the ground troops. They were to make a coordinated ground/paratrooper strike on a target. The airborn soldiers were behind schedule and the ground troops wer...
Comments
Post a Comment