My Time Was/ Is Not Up

In Feb 2009 I became infected with viral meningitis. I had a fever of over 106 degrees for 3-4 days while they pumped very powerful anti-viral meds into me. They kept a crash cart inside and outside my room. The virus attacked my brain,, heart, and lungs. I went into congestive heart failure. I had pluracy and pneumonia. My pericardium was damaged and I lost a lot of my short term memory abilities.  I essentially became permanently disabled at that point. For 10 days I was knocking on Death’s door. It was not my time. God kept me here.

Fast forward to last Monday June 11. I was taken to the hospital with 102 fever. Normally, that wouldn’t be a hospital worthy event but I just had surgery 2 weeks prior and infection could cause serious problems. At the hospital, my body went into septic shock. My blood pressure dropped to 70/50, my heart started to produce enzymes associated only with heart attacks, my kidneys were in renal failure and my liver function became erratic. In essence, I was dying. They  injected me with strongest antibiotics known. 2 things that puzzled and confused the docs. First, they could not find the source of the infection and second they did not understand why I responded so fast to their treatment. 50% of people in septic shock die and never respond that positively that quickly. Most of you who have read my blog know that I am not shy about my faith. So it should come as no surprise that I believe that God chose to heal me rather than bring me home.

So what does this mean? Frankly, I am not sure but I strongly feel as though God is making another profound change in me. I am starting to see some perspective changes in me already.  I would hate to think that if God chose to let me live when all else was pointing to death, that it wasn’t to bring about change. Specifically change in me. I guess the purpose for this post is to inform you, my readers, how serious the event was and that if you see a different  perspective or direction in my future posts, it is OK. I am not going off the deep end (I already did). Blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Is The Love?

What Party Am I?

Josh Duggar, Adultery, and Christians Who Sin